We are a Mens non-profit recreational league of diverse age, expierience and ability. The Howe Sound Soccer league operates a recreational league in which all league members can gain soccer skills, enjoy fitness and friendly competition. This league does not run itself; it requires volonteers who offer their time, knowledge and skill for the love of the game and to maintain this league. We are geared towards those who cannot make a commitment to competitive soccer but still want to come out, have some fun and be part of a competitive environment.
The registration fee for this league covers the expenses of the field, referee, uniforms, equipment and the organization of the season. If you have any comments, suggestions or concerns about your soccer experience, please visit our contact us page and send us a message.
What is a recreational soccer league?
“Recreational soccer” may mean different things to different people. Below is the definition Howe Sound Soccer uses to define and understand “recreational soccer”.
While there are a few different ways to operate a recreational league, Howe Sound Soccer upholds the following principles which are common to most recreational leagues:
– Each team is responsible for recruiting its own members. If you contact the league we will direct you to one of the teams managers who has indicated they are looking for players.
– We accept any registrant so long as they are over 18 years of age (parental consent required for younger players), have paid the fees, are in good standing with the league and comply with our by-laws
– We expect players to be respectful of the referees and each other
– We review our by-laws and discipline records and make changes every year to ensure we are providing a safe and fun place to play in
The goal of the league is to create an atmosphere which allows players of all levels to experience and enjoy the game of soccer. Keeping league play a positive experience for everyone is paramount and will serve to sustain the league for many years to come. Our goal each and every season is to make all players feel welcome while promoting fair play, respect and fun.
To support this, Howe Sound soccer members are expected to adhere to our aggression policy and we require our members to sign a code of conduct with their registration to encourage sportsmanship, respect for all players, and having fun.
We have season standings and play-offs to spark friendly competition among teams. There is a prize giving event at the end of the season.
Howe Sound Soccer League Spirit
– Remember the variation of skill from a 40 year old who just starting playing to the elite player
– Let the ref make the call
– Use encouraging language
– Remember it’s about the tailgate party afterwards NOT the soccer!
– Give people the benefit of the doubt
Remember the Terms of your membership.
In games like soccer, sometimes spirit runs high, issues may arise during a game, let’s do our best to resolve and move on quickly
Understand the rules of soccer here.